Photographer: Joseph James Willerth

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Why I like google search trends?



First question I ask myself is how many people actually use the internet? The stats that I have found is rough but lets say roughly 2,267,233,742 internet users have been reported as of Dec 31st 2001. 347,394,870 of that being reported as being in North America. I then wonder how many total users use google as a search engine, opposed to say yahoo or bing? Google is my search engine of choice. It's simple, easy to use, can be used by voice, and can be accessed almost everywhere, that is internet is provided. " The main purpose of google is to hunt for text in web pages. The Alexa rating for google is number 1. Alexa internet ts data on browsing behavior which is transmitted to the website where it is stored and analyzed and is the basis for the company's Web traffic reporting. Alexa claims that 6 million people visit its website monthly. In June 2011, comScore puts Google's worldwide reach at 1 billion unique visitors per month

Google came up with with wonderful search engine that I fell in love with called google search trends. With search trends you can search for "Hot" Searches, you can see a snapshot of what’s on the public’s collective mind by viewing the fastest-rising searches for different points of time. You can see a list of today’s top 40 fastest-rising search queries in the U.S. You can also select a recent date in history to see what the top rising searches were and what the search activity looked like over the course of that day. Hot Searches are updated hourly.

I carefully laid out for you why I find google search trends so amazing. Google Search Trends "RANK" what we google users find so interesting. I know I use google search all the time, for example, what was the name of that British songstress that took home album of the year for "21"? Google gives me my answer, and my answer FAST = Adele,

I am fascinated by psychology and what people are thinking throughout the day, and this led me to want to explore a blog on my love for google trends and wanting to know what people are thinking and searching about.

As of Sunday Feb 12 2012 @ 10:53pm, roughly one billion google users are searching

1. whitney houston cause of death
2. glen campbell
3. grammys 2012
4. powerball
5. bonnie raitt
6. phil mickelson
7. ll cool j
8. grammy nominations
9. beach boys
10. lil boosie
11. grammy awards
12. bobbi kristina brown
13. rihanna and chris brown back together
14. the civil wars
15. austerity
16. new edition
17. ray j
18. walking dead
19. bruno mars
20. foo fighters





Source: Internet World Stats http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

Source: Google Search

Source Google Search Hot Trends

Source http://www.google.com/intl/en/trends/about.html

No comments:

Post a Comment